2021 Call Digital Infrastructure
There is a strong desire in the SSH field to assign part of the resources intended for the SSH Sector Plan of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) to a domain wide digital SSH plan. For this purpose, the SSH Council – which represents the SSH field – initiated the Platform for Digital Infrastructure for SSH (PDI-SSH). The platform is responsible for allocating resources to digital infrastructure facilities within the SSH domain, for coordinating digital infrastructures in the SSH domain and for strategy within that domain.
PDI-SSH launches this second Call for proposals as part of the SSH Sector Plan.
Purpose of the call
The resources of the Ministry of OCW for the SSH Sector Plan are partly targeted at a domain-wide digital infrastructure. The main objective of the domain-wide plan for digital SSH is to strengthen research and infrastructure in the field of digitisation.
The following objectives have been established:
- Increase and strengthen interdisciplinary SSH research into digitisation and the relevant social and scientific developments.
- Strengthen digital infrastructure facilities and their management within the SSH.
- Increase interdisciplinary collaboration between the social sciences and the humanities in the field of digitisation research and infrastructure.
- Ensure continuity of current initiatives within the SSH in the field of digitisation research and infrastructure.
- Increase the strategic capacity and strengthen the organisation of the SSH in the field of digitisation.
- Attract and retain SSH research talents who possess interdisciplinary expertise in the field of digitisation.
Allocating resources to digital infrastructure facilities within the SSH domain can involve both strengthening or scaling up existing initiatives and launching new initiatives. The funds in the second Call should be used for structural financing of digital infrastructure facilities serving both the social sciences and the humanities.
The PDI-SSH will use the following criteria to assess applications:
- Quality: initiatives must provide a digital infrastructure to strengthen innovative and interdisciplinary SSH scientific research (weighting 30%).
- National interest: initiatives must be accessible and relevant for multiple disciplines and universities (weighting 30%).
- Long term: initiatives should be established for the longer term (weighting 30%).
- Cooperation SS and H: a preference is given to initiatives involving both social sciences as well as humanities (weighting 10%).
Call for Proposals
Call for proposals can be found here. Submission deadline is 30 June 2021, 23:59 CE(S)T.
Applications should be submitted via the online submission form.
An overview of the initiatives granted in the first Call PDI-SSH can be found here.
Contact/ alignment with existing infrastructures
Contact dr. Kasia Karpinska (the PDI-SSH secretariat) via firstname.lastname@example.org
To discus the possibilities of alignment between proposed infrastructures and existing ones (CLARIAH, ODISSEI or Health-RI) please contact the following:
CLARIAH: Dr. Roeland Ordelman (CTO CLARIAH) via email@example.com
ODISSEI: dr. Tom Emery (ODSSEI Deputy Director) via firstname.lastname@example.org
Health-RI: prof. dr. Wiro Nissen (CTO Health-RI) via email@example.com